BioTrac 4250 Microbiological Impedance Analyser
With 21 individual measurement positions and 1 temperature zone per instrument µ-Trac is an ideal instrument suited for simple tasks in microbiology. The big majority of impedance application can be done by this small instrument
- The BioTrac measuring technology is based on simple impedance detection using a 2-electrode system.
- The BioTrac 4250 is user friendly and is ideally suited to the challenges posed by long-term use. The individual measurement positions can be used independently whenever samples are available to be tested. Newly inserted samples will be recognized and analysed automatically according to the parameters set by the user.
- The entire measuring cycle is automatic and the results are permanently recorded to a central database. Barcode readers and a central LIMS can be connected. The BacWin operation and evaluatoin software is easy to understand and operate.
- The BioTrac techology is an internationaly highly accepted and proven technology. It is successfully in operation in food and food ingredients, water, as well as pharamceutical- and cosmetics industries. It also plays a leading role in the official food hygiene monitoring in various countries.
- With BioTrac many microbiological routine applications will be coverd. It can be used for sterility testing, TAMC enumeration as well as testing for index and indicator microbes and to detect microbial pathogens.
- The scope of applications is limited to those protocols operating on a 2 electrode impedance technology.
Advantages of BioTrac 4250
BioTrac Measurement principle
Microorganisms are detected in real time via the decrease of the impedance in an AC field. Any impedance change caused by the microbial metabolism is detected.
In the BioTrac devices a proprietary impedance technology is employed. Usind this technology a standard impedance signal ( Media Impedance = M- value) is registered as the reuslt of microbial growth.
During the growth of microbes low- or non charged nutrient molecules are metabolised. This break down of nutrients generates small and highly charged metabolites. The later will result in a change of the impedance of the nutrient media that is registered by the instrument.
The more microbes are present in the sample the sooner results will be available.
BioTrac Software Specials
Comprises MicroTrac and MicroAssist measuring and data evaluation software for Windows XPP, WIN-7 and WIN-8. Traditional Windows menu functionality easy to understand and operate without extensive training.
Real Time Results - Color Coded Alerts
- Time already expired from start of the measurement is displayed in the form of a pie chart for every position.
- For ongoing measurements the pie chart appears in blue
- As soon as the developing growth signal will reach the threshold, detection time will be recorded. If the color code alert mode has been activated the chart will turn the color to red or yellow depending on the limits defined for the individual position. Negative samples or those with results within specification will be marked green.
- Database with open access to LIMS via ODBC
- automated backup option
- mirrored database for maximised data safety (i.e. during power fail)
- immediate data saving during every measurement round
- safe against manipulation using several password levels
- automated re-start after power- or PC fail
- Data export to many MS Office applications
- customize reports to your needs
- extensive plausibility checks of measurement signals
- Personal Computer actual model
- WIN-XPP, WIN 7, WIN 8
- 1 GHz 32 od 64 Bit processor
- min. 1 GB RAM
- min. 3 USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports
- CD or DVD drivea
- ctual grafic card
- Ethernet or WLAN port19''
- Color Printer
- Barcode scanners supported
The areas of BioTrac 4250
Available tests & FAQs
- Bacillus cereus
- Total aerobic mesophilic counts (TMAC)
- Yeasts and Moulds
- Activity testing
- Osmotolerant Yeasts
DIN, §64 LFBG, ÖNORM
- DIN 10115: General Standard
- DIN 10120: Detection of Salmonella in Foods
- DIN 10122: Enumeration of total mesophilic aerobic counts