BacTrac 4300 Microbiological Impedance Analyser
With 64 individual measurement positions and 2 different temperature zones per instrument BacTrac can deal with almost all tasks the microbiologist is familiar with from the classical agar plate.
- The BacTrac measuring technology is based on the proprietary patented Impedance Splitting Technology thus enabling the enourmous flexibility of the technology.
- The BacTrac 4300 is user friendly and is ideally suited to the challenges posed by long-term use. The individual measurement positions can be used independently whenever samples are available to be tested. Newly inserted samples will be recognized and analysed automatically according to the parameters set by the user.
- The entire measuring cycle is automatic and the results are permanently recorded to a central database. Barcode readers and a central LIMS can be connected. The BacWin operation and evaluation software is easy to understand and operate.
- The BacTrac techology is an internationaly highly accepted and proven technology. It is successfully in operation in food and food ingredients, water, as well as pharamceutical- and cosmetics industries. It also plays a leading role in the official food hygiene monitoring in various countries.
- With BacTrac almost all the microbiological routine applications will be covered. It can be used for sterility testing, TAMC enumeration as well as testing for index and indicator microbes and to detect microbial pathogens. Thus it is the most versatile automated rapid method currently available on the market.
- The scope of applications is not limited to any matrix and therefore users can refer to a wide catalogue of routine protocols.
Advantages of BacTrac 4300
BacTrac Measurement Principle
Microorganisms are detected in real time via the decrease of the impedance in an AC field. Any impedance change caused by the microbial metabolism is detected.
In the BacTrac devices a proprietary impedance splitting technology is employed. Usind this technology the change in the impedance of the electrochemical double layer of the electrode is additionally registered beside the standard impedance signal ( Media Impedance = M- value ).
This so-called electrode impedance (E - value ) requires the use of cells with 4 electrodes and has proven itself for the detection of pathogens as well as for the detection of microbes with low metabolic activity mainly known to be members of the group of gram-positive, heat- tolerant spore formers. The latter are sometimes hardly detected by other automated cultural procedures.
The BacTrac devices are the only impedance devices that are equipped with the high resolution impedance - splitting technology worldwide
Get to know our brilliant software for BacTrac 4300
Comprises BacMonitor and BacEval measuring and data evaluation software for Windows 7, WIN-8.1 and WIN-10. Traditional Windows menu functionality easy to understand and operate without extensive training.
Real Time Results - Color Coded Alerts
- Time already expired from start of the measurement is displayed in the form of a pie chart for every position.
- For ongoing measurements the pie chart appears in blue
- As soon as the developing growth signal will reach the threshold, detection time will be recorded. If the color code alert mode has been activated the chart will turn the color to red or yellow depending on the limits defined for the individual position. Negative samples or those with results within specification will be marked green.
- Database with open access to LIMS via ODBC
- automated backup option
- mirrored database for maximised data safety (i.e. during power fail)
- immediate data saving during every measurement round
- safe against manipulation using several password levels
- automated re-start after power- or PC fail
- unlimited compatibility to former BacWin-versions
- Data export to many MS Office applications
- customize reports to your needs
- extensice plausibility checks of measurement signals
- Personal Computer actual model
- WIN-XPP, WIN 7, WIN 8
- 1 GHz 32 or 64 Bit processor
- > 1 GB RAM
- min. 3 USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports
- CD or DVD drive
- actual grafic card
- Ethernet or WLAN port
- 19'' Monitor
- Color Printer
- Barcode scanners supported
The areas of BacTrac 4300
Available tests & FAQs
- Total aerobic mesophilic counts (TMAC)
- Yeasts and Moulds
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Coagulase positive Staphylococci
- Bacillus cereus
- Sterility Tests
- Lactic acid bacteria
- Osmotolerant Yeasts
- Aerobic sporeformers
- Sulfite reducing Clostridia
- Clostridium perfringens
- Activity testing
- Desinfectant efficacy testing
- ISO 17516 spec. microbes
DIN, §64 LFBG, ÖNORM
- DIN 10115: General Standard
- DIN 10120: Detection of Salmonella in Foods
- DIN 10122: Enumeration of total mesophilic aerobic counts
- NF V08-105: General Standard
- NF V08-106: Enumeration of E.coli in shellfish