AMP up your microbiological testing !
More than 80% of routine examinations in microbiological laboratories involve enumeration of hygiene indicators. These include e.g. determination of the aerobic mesophilic germ count and the quantification of Enterobacteriaceae as well as E. coli.
The conventional or standard methods used to date are laborious to perform, time-intensive in terms of analysis and documentation, and require sufficient expertise in result interpretation.
The innovative AMP-6000® system permits these tasks to be automated and thus enables sample throughput in the laboratory to be significantly increased. This automated, miniaturized platform combines the well-known MPN technique for determining the number of microbes (MPN = Most Probable Number) on microtiter plates. The precision of this statistical method is comparable with that of direct counting, thanks to the automated preparation of a series of serial dilutions and the simultaneous examination of up to 32 replicates per dilution.
Advantages of AMP-6000
High Precision Workstation with full variability
With the AMP-6000® APS pipetting robot, AmpMedia special nutrient media are placed in sterile 96-well microtiter plates and samples are automatically applied and diluted. Up to 8 samples can be processed per test for 1 parameter, or up to 4 samples for the combined test for 2 parameters for each.
The throughput times are coordinated so that additional samples can be prepared in parallel for the next pass.
All protocols for the various applications are stored in the software and are easily assignable.
Following sample application, the microtiter plates are sealed with a sterile lid and incubated in standard incubators for 24 to 48 hours.
Samples and microtiter plates are linked with each other via a barcode system that prevents mixups.
Specifications AMP-6000® APS
- Highly flexible and compact liquid handling benchtop system
- Closed, sturdy acrylic glass housing with front sliding door
- Processing of up to 8 samples in parallel possible
- 8 channel pipette volume up to 1000 μl
- Fast and quiet operation thanks to the use of modern servomotors
- Reproducibility and high-precision pipetting and dispensing results
- If needed, highly effective decontamination by optionally available UV lamp
- Footprint 650 x 610 mm (L x D)
- Weight ~ 40 kg
Data evaluation at a glance
Together with the AMP-6000® evaluation software, the AMP-6000 Scan instrument forms the core of the AMP-6000® platform.
Using a modern scanner system, the AMP-6000 Scan detects the bidirectional change of any color. Both pH indicator systems as well as all chromogenic substrates can thus be used for the selective detection of individual microbial groups. In addition, the system can also be combined with turbidity detection, which can further increase detection efficiency. The range of capabilities for detecting color changes, in combination with the unique evaluation software, permits the system to benefit from additional application development, as well as new applications in the area of microbiological diagnostics.
The AMP-6000 Scan can be equipped with scan units for top or bottom scanning or a combination of both.
- Scanner system for the detection of color changes
- Option for combination with turbidity detection
- Top- and/or Bottom Scan unit
- Simultaneous analysis of up to 4 samples
- Artificial Intelligence – projection tool for faster results by shortening incubation time
- Calibration tool for self-calibration
- Barcode system
- Flexible interaction with customer LIMS
- Automated diagnosis and result qualification with traffic light system
- Ability to visually inspect results
- Automated photo-documentation of original results
The areas of AMP-6000
Available tests & FAQs
- Total aerobic mesophilic counts (TMAC)
- Desinfectant efficacy testing
- Bacillus cereus